Are you passionate about literacy, helping children living in poverty or equity in education but not neccessarily available one-on-one tutoring?
If so, East Side Learning Center has opportunities for you to volunteer and make a significant difference in the lives of children through indirect service:
Individual, Group, Youth and/or Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
- Seamstresses and crafters wanted! Sew Super Reader (Super Hero) Capes for students who reach their reading goals. If you have sewing supplies, we also need plain fabric, thread and other sewing supplies.
- Join the Board of Directors or a board committee (communications, fundraising, racial equity, finance, governance)
- Data entry
- Assist with direct mail fundraising campaigns and communications with supporters
- Sort, level and stamp donated books for students
- Print, prepare and organize materials for the year ahead (summer project)
- Copy, prepare and organize materials for Summer Literacy Camps (spring and summer project)
- Clean, dust and organize tutoring materials (May/June or Aug/Sept)
- Prepare monthly appreciation meals for tutors and/or donate snacks.
- Donate and sort incentives for our children.
- Donate and sort incentives for parent engagement.
- Be a parent translator for Hmong, Karen, Spanish-speaking or Somali children and parents at a parent engagement event (evening in the fall and spring)
- Organize a book drive at work with the help of ESLC staff
- Be on our planning committee to organize our annual gala for the Sister Audrey Children's Reading Fund
- Help organize or staff a read-aloud literacy game night with the children and families served by ESLC to engage parents in reading to their children
- Help organize or staff annual appreciation event