Join the Great Minnesota Give Together
Raise funds for ESLC using online tools. Tell a friend about us!
Support a child's future. Give the the gift of reading! Give to the Max Day 2018 is Nov. 15 but you can give today!
Your gift provides individualized reading tutoring for children in Pre-K through 3rd grade at no charge to families! Tutoring is provided by volunteers and paid, professional educators in a rigorous, structured program. Children participate four days per week during and after school and for up to 19 days in Summer Literacy Camps.
Double the impact of your investment
Through a matching grant from the Katherine B. Anderson Fund of The Saint Paul Foundation and the Otto Bremer Trust your impact will be doubled!
- $6.62 funds two giveaway books per child
- $33.31 funds an hour of tutoring for a child
- $133.23 provides one child with a week of tutoring
- $279.68 provides two weeks of tutoring and two books for a child
- $1,395.11 ensures one child receives more than 41 hours of tutoring and eight free books for a school year
- $5,580.45 funds tutoring and eight books for three children
- $13951.14 funds tutoring and eight books for 10 children for the year
Help us meet our challenge match
- Click here to donate and make your contribution today!
- Share Everywhere! Ask your Facebook and Twitter friends to help our cause to reach our $35,000 match! You can also forward this e-mail to everyone on your list!
- Start a campaign on our behalf! Click here to start your own! Set your goal and start raising funds! Remember every donation counts toward that $35,000 goal!
- Give yourself a high-five! You have made the difference in a child's life by empowering them with the power of reading!
Thank you for starting a conversation with someone you know about providing our children with a future filled with possibilities, dreams and hope! Share our message with friends and family on social media and invite them to give by coping the link to this page, our donation page, or your own fundraiser page.
- Share why you love ESLC! “Did you know that I volunteer with East Side Learning Center? I love spending my free time tutoring children in Saint Paul because _________________________. ESLC is asking the community to support literacy tutoring for the children because the United Way cuts to all children's literacy resulted in many more calls for out-of-school literacy tutoring. Do you think you could help me help the children by making a gift?”
- Share your ESLC story! Start by sharing a funny or heart-felt story about one of your students. Then say, “ESLC has helped more than 3,000 students like him or her in St. Paul since 2001. Can you please help us support St. Paul children learn to read?”
- Share the facts about the children's success! “Did you know that only 36% of third graders in St. Paul Public schools pass their standardized reading tests and that students who do not read at grade level by third grade are four times more likely to drop out of high school? I volunteer at East Side Learning Center, where more than 90% of kindergartners who started out behind were ready to read at a first grade level by the end of last school year. Would you consider a gift to East Side learning Center?”
**Don’t forget to tell them their donation will be doubled!**