Thank you for attending the Celebration Honoring Sister Audrey and for supporting ...
The Sister Audrey Children's Reading Fund
After guiding East Side Learning Center (ESLC) for more than 16 years, Sister Audrey Lindenfelser, SSND, retired as Executive Director. On Wednesday, May 24, 2017, the community honored her commitment, humility and leadership by launching the Sister Audrey Children's Reading Fund with the goal of raising $20,000 in response to a challenge match from the Katherine B. Andersen Fund of The Saint Paul Foundation.
Together, we met the goal! You gave nearly $25,000 in Sister Audrey's honor, which also honors her community, the School Sisters of Notre Dame (SSND). An estimated 207 people attended the event and many others sent personal greetings and gifts ahead of time. Highlights of the evening:
- R.T. Rybak, president and CEO of the Minneapolis Foundation honored Sister Audrey as the Keynote Speaker - noting her commitment to the children and leadership in the Literacy Tutoring Network.
- The beautiful flowers in the photo video above were sent to Sister Audrey from the School Sisters of Notre Dame (SSND), her congregation. The SSNDs founded ESLC, hired Sister Audrey and provided the start-up funding, as well as ongoing support every year since 2001.
- The City of Saint Paul proclaimed May 24, 2017, Sister Audrey Lindenfelser Day. Read the proclamation.
- Senator Amy Klobuchar sent a video greeting to Sister Audrey and reminded all of us that we did not even have smart phones in 2001 when ESLC started.
- Representative Betty McCollum sent a letter of congratulations and thanks to Sister Audrey, which was read at the event.
- Sister Audrey shared how each of us, the past and present board members, the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the staff, the business and community members who saw the need and acted, the community and family foundations and the tutors all contributed to the growth and impact of ESLC.
- Read a thank you note from Sister Audrey.