Give the gift of reading this holiday season and double your impact!
Provide a child with the foundational reading skills he or she needs to be successful in school. Currently, more than 35% of third graders in our city cannot read at grade level. Data indicates that these children are four times more likely to drop out of school. But you can change that by investing in a children's literacy tutoring program that works and doubling the impact of yoru gift with two challenge matches (see below)!
ESLC provides a structured, one-on-one tutoring program for struggling readers in Kindergarten-3rd grade who live in East Side neighborhoods. The program is successful because lessons are:
- Customized for each child's unique reading challenges;
- Delivered by trained volunteer and paid educators who care about each child's reading succes; and
- Designed to leverage evidence-based literacy education practices, such as phonics and phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension!
Last year, 81% of the children met their ESLC reading goals thanks to the many volunteers, partners, and funders who invested time, talent, and treasure in our children.
Every child matters. Every gift matters.
Your support will fund one-on-one reading tutoring, tutor training and coaching, and parent-child literacy activities for 220 children during the school year and 40 over the summer. Children will participate four days a week at one of five schools on the East Side.
- $6.62 funds two giveaway books per child
- $33.31 funds an hour of tutoring for a child
- $133.23 provides one child with a week of tutoring
- $279.68 provides two weeks of tutoring and two books for a child
- $1,395.11 ensures one child receives more than 41 hours of tutoring and eight free books for a school year
- $5,580.45 funds tutoring and eight books for three children
- $13,951.14 funds tutoring and eight books for 10 children for the year
6 Ways to maximize or double the impact of your gift
- East Side Learning Center needs your support to help us meet two challenge matches: $20,000 from the Katherine B. Andersen Fund of The Saint Paul Foundation and $15,000 from the Otto Bremer Foundation, both of which must be met this year. Give now to double the impact of your investment. The first match requires us to secure new donors and increased amounts from current donors. So consider increasing your commitment this year to help us make this match!
- Become a monthly supporter, which helps ESLC plan its expenses and build a sustainable program. Pledges also count toward both matches.
- Company Matches. Many businesses support the contribution and volunteer efforts of their employees and retirees. Matching gift programs and grants to nonprofits where employees volunteer are extensions of corporate philanthropy. Please help ESLC tap into these dollars by contacting your human resources department. Request a matching gift form from your employer. Then contact us at (651) 793-7331 or email email@example.com. We will do the rest! Read more about employee matching grants.
- Designate your gift to The Sister Audrey Children's Reading Fund. If we exceed our budget this fiscal year, your gift to this fund will be set aside for a scholarship endowment for children in need of literacy tutoring.
- ESLC accespts stocks and securities.
- Consider leaving a legacy by naming East Side Learning Center in your will (after you have taken care of your loved ones).
Our goal is to reach 180 new donors this year who will give $5 to $50 each. Can you help us by sharing our message? You can raise funds for a holiday, your birthday, or in honor of a loved one using this tool at GiveMn.org. Click the white button on our donation page to get started.
Optionally, you can start a fundraiser using your favorit tools, by sending letters or forwarding ESLC's emails to friends and family. Feel free to copy content from our web site and build your own content to raise funds for ESLC.
Your gift makes a difference!
$20 - $44
$45 - $90
$91 - $135
$136 - $180
$181 - $215
$216 - $1k+
Prefer not to donate online?
Checks gratefully accepted to avoid our online processing fees:
East Side Learning Center
740 York Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55106
Thank you for helping us so the ESLC will keep on going because a lot of boys and girls want to learn to read! ~Sarah, Student
The ESLC is a highly effective, well-managed non-profit organization that accomplishes tremendous results on a very lean budget.
~Cara Quinn, Executive Director, Community of Peace Academy
Review East Side Learning Center's annual funders, our annual report and Federal 990 Report.